Sunday, December 16, 2012

Floorboards and Crabs


I made some floorboards out of the old Douglass Fir pola beams from the outrigger canoe that I replaced with the new hollow Sitka Spruce ones. I really just wanted to build something on which to test my old fashioned finishing recipe of pine tar, linseed oil, turpentine and japan drier. It turned out pretty well (and stinky). Last weekend my friend Wen and I took the Otter out for another successful crabbing mission. Our beach launch and landing was quite a bit smoother than last time! Here's a photo set of the floorboards and crabs.

2 comments:

  1. Great pics, and the floorboards not only add functionality, but also soul. You forgot to mention the custom art on the seats....

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete